The Ginvera Whitening Marvel Gel claims to:
1) Removes blackheads painlessly
2) Softens the cornified layer and gently removes dead skin cells
3) Refines pores and reveals finer, smoother skin
4) Fades pigmentation spots and acne scars
5) Removes oil seeds around eye area
6) Regulates and balances oil secretion, prevent pimples
7) Evens out skin tone to give skin clarity
8) Dull and rough skin becomes smoother and fairer
9) Stimulates skin metabolism (?) skin becomes younger
10) Allows rapid and instant penetration of skincare products applied subsequently
So I used a pea sized amount of the gel after cleansing and when my skin is dry and only applied it around my nose, as that's my only area of concern when it comes to blackheads. It has a herbal scent but nothing overpowering like their BB cream. It says it is safe to use on the eye area and to lighten dark circles but I don't think I would risk that. Not sure why but I'm funny about using products that don't say they are specifically for that area eg. I would never use something on my face that is meant for my body - even thought I'm sure its perfectly OK to do so.
As you rub the gel in it clumps together and turns into flakes yet it doesn't feel like its exfoliating, there are no beads so feels very gentle and non-abrasive. I'm not sure if it's actually made any difference to removing blackheads, it's still early days, but it definitely does a good job of removing dead skin cells and leaves your skin silky smooth after use. My only gripe is it contains dimethicone (silicone oil) which can block your pores hmmm! As you all know I prefer to use natural skincare products on my skin and steer clear of harsh chemicals or silicones. Would be interested to hear if you have any experiences of using dimethicone on your skin? Have you tried anything from Ginvera? What do you find good to remove blackheads?