The Braun Silk-épil 5 epilator is perfect for women who are new to epilating, it removes hairs as short as 0.5mm and comes with a special comfort system, stimulating the skin for an even gentler epilation. Epilating is an increasingly popular method of hair removal amongst women who want the smooth, long lasting effects of waxing but who don’t want to have those in between days waiting for re-growth. It is a long-term hair removal solution, which removes hairs even as short as 0.5mm that wax has difficulty attaching to.
In the Box:
• 1 x Silk-epil 5 518- epilator
• Efficiency Cap
• Dual Massage System Attachment
• Drawstring Bag & Cleaning Brush
• Cooling Glove & Pouch
• Charger with 2 pin plug (worth mentioning that you will need to purchase an adapter plug if you don't have a 2 pin plug socket!)
• Close-Grip-Technology: The 40 tweezers have been engineered to close at the optimal angle and grip hair even closer to the skin for better removal of hairs as short as 0.5mm.
• Comfort System: Massaging & Cooling: The Silk-épil 5 features high frequency dual action massaging rollers that actively stimulate your skin for an extra gentle epilation and a cooling glove that cools and prepares your skin before epilation and soothes it after.
• Pivoting Head: The flexible head means it adapts to the contours of the body for a more comfortable and thorough epilation. The Silk-épil 5180 comes an efficiency cap that ensures maximum skin contact for faster epilation.
• Speed Personalisation: Select the right speed for your individual needs: Speed 1 for extra gentle epilation, speed 2 for extra efficient epilation.
• SmartLight Technology: The Smartlight lightens up even the finest hairs to make sure no hair goes unnoticed.
• Fully washable: The Silk-épil 5180 has a sealed body, which means it can be cleaned under running water for better hygiene.
First thing is I didn't find the Epilator painful at all on my legs - however in the more sensitive areas such as around my ankles I found to be a little uncomfortable for a few seconds but you get used to the sensation after a while. I like that you can adjust the speed according to your preference, personally I prefer using it on the highest setting as I find this works the quickest. The Smartlight is helpful to highlight even the tiniest and finest of hairs to ensure you are left completely hair-less.
This is a little gross but after using you will find your hairs really stick into the tweezers but the small cleaning brush is a godsend when cleaning - just make sure you don't loose it! The drawstring bag is really handy to keep everything safe. I haven't found the need to use the Ice Pack but its a nice thing to include as those with more sensitive skin might find they develop red patches or small red bumps after use, so the cold pack helps smooth the skin afterwards.
A couple of tips: It's better to epliate when the hair is short as the longer the hair the more it will hurt! Exfoliate your legs beforehand and regularly to avoid ingrowing hair and go against the direction of the hair when epilating for the best results. Only negative is it is a little noisy to use - so there's nothing discreet about it when you are using it and it would be handy if the device charged up rather than having to use the power cord on the mains. My only other niggle is that the system comes with a 2 pin plug, so if you don't have a 2 pin plug socket then you will need to purchase an adapter separately.
The results are absolutely fantastic, I was left with silky smooth legs and found the same results as waxing and the hair took 5-6 weeks to start growing back. I have always found home waxing messy and time consuming to do myself, but epilating is easy, much quicker and no mess! I have also noticed patches where no hair grows at all now which is a bonus! I would definitely recommend giving epliating a go if you haven't already!